13 April 2012

MAC Shopping Haul - 'In Extra Dimension'


Photobucket


I took myself off to MAC yesterday as I fancied treating myself to a few bits and pieces! Everyone always raves about how amazing the eye shadows are and every beauty blogger out there swears by them! I own a mineralise eye shadow from a few years ago and it's the best one in my make up bag so I was quite happy to buy before trying!

I was also looking for a cremeblend blush after hearing about them in Tanya Burr's videos (pixi2woo on youtube) so I bought one of those to try as well.

I love the eye shadows because they are so pigmented and application is like a dream. They go on like a cream and don't crease on your lids. They blend beautifully and stay all day long.

Havana is a beautiful bronze colour from the 'In Extra Dimension' collection. The shadow is baked so it can be used dry as a powder, or wet as a liquid (mix with fix+ on the back of your hand). It looks gorgeous blended into the crease with some Woodwinked on your lid.

Woodwinked, Cranberry and Satin Taupe are all fantastic too for all the reasons I outlined above however Carbon, whilst still a great black shadow, is a bit trickier to work with. It does not blend as well as the shimmer/metallic shades and does need a dark base underneath it to get the darkest black colour. I would however still recommend it but I'm on the lookout for something better!

The cremeblend blush is a beautiful formulation, it's so easy to blend in to your foundation with just your fingers. The colour Something Special is a soft, warm toned light pink. It looks very pretty on the cheeks and will be perfect with a little highlighter for spring/summer.

Photobucket 
'Something Special' Cremeblend Blush

Photobucket
'Havana' Extra Dimension Eye Shadow

Photobucket
'Woodwinked' Eye Shadow

Photobucket

Photobucket
'Cranberry' Eye Shadow

Photobucket
'Carbon' Eye Shadow

Photobucket
'Satin Taupe' Eye Shadow

Photobucket

I hope the review was helpful! Feel free to post more questions below if there is anything I didn't cover. I'll do a few tutorials on how to wear the colours in the next few days!

13 comments:

  1. Oooo you got great eyeshadows! I love satin taupe def my fave from mac!Come check out my blog. Im a makeup junkie! (:
    http://punkerpixieforever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cranberry is beautiful!

    Great blog - look forward to future posts :)

    Now a follower! - would love of you could check out mine.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous but I have yet to decided how to wear it!!

      Thanks, same to you too, just taken a look and subscribed :) x

      Delete
    2. And it's clearly too late for me to type properly... *decide

      Delete
  3. cranberry is SUCH a beautiful color! I absolutely love it, i feel like that plummy purple color is always an unexpected flattering color :) please check out my makeup blog when you get a moment too!

    ke
    http://blissfullyke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The creamblend blusher looks lovely! May have to make my first Mac purchase come payday!

    Liking Woodwinked too!!

    Lara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, you should definitely check it out! I'm definitely going to buy it in different colours as the formulation is perfect if you like cream based products! Woodwinked is gorgeous too, but definitely for tanned days haha! x

      Delete
  5. I am in love with the MAC cremeblend blushers and that one looks amazing.
    Your blog is so cute too.
    Followed <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What other colours would you recommend? I'd love to try another one :) and thank you! x

      Delete
  6. Love your blog , too cute. Check mine out @ www.amyleeartistry.com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Satin taupe and Woodwinked are very pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have satin taupe- and now I want to get cranberry, they look good together!

    hayley..

    www.beautyrambles.blogpspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...