19 February 2013

LFW Inspired: Tortoiseshell Nail Art











I should really start by apologising for my long absence from the blog, I've been incredibly busy with uni, I have pretty important exams coming up in a few weeks so something had to give and it was blogging.

However I have been following some of the London Fashion Week coverage and read the House of Holland post by Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup (here) and could not resist a little procrastination in the form of tortoiseshell nail art, I mean who couldn't?

I rummaged through my nail colours looking for something along the lines of beige, yellow, orange and brown... This is the best I could come up with, not bad but not fabulous, so if anyone has any colour suggestions I would love to hear them!

I started with 2 coats of a Ciate Nail Varnish in Cookies and Cream, I then used a hair pin to add random dots in Big Yellow Taxi, Speed Dial and Jack Wills Clayton Nail Varnish in Moss. I finished with a dab of gold glitter on my ring finger and the Top Coat I used was Sally Hansen Diamond Shine but any glossy polish will do the trick!

What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Hey lovely,
    I have nominated you for a Liebster Award!
    Be sure to check out my blog for all the info!

    Claire xx

    http://clairesmakeupdrawer.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I could seriously do with some nail attention....that is so pretty and clever. I have just started to follow your blog, if you get a chance have a look at mine, any comments most welcome!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks cool! I never tried nail art before.
    A MakeupHabit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo cute, I wish I could do my nails like yours! I am following via bloglovin' and gfc, would you like to follow back?

    Townhouse Palette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another good thing in buying and wearing trendy beaded jewelry is you do not want to spend thousands of greenbacks to have people who will appreciate your look and your image. Fashionable beaded jewelry like necklaces, earrings and bracelets are available in wide variety of styles and designs. You'll only spend one or two dollars to few hundred bucks depending on the kind of materials you select for your jewelry.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...