30 June 2012

Review: Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronze Universal Make-up Base

 



As I am currently away on holiday, I was faced with the almighty task that is duty free shopping, I felt slightly panicked, what to buy? With a limited budget and an element of self restraint I whittled it down to 3 items, one of them being the cult product, Chanel Bronze Universal! So with plenty of time by the pool I thought I'd take some time to tell you all about it.

First, the packaging is gorgeous! In line with all Chanel products, it comes in a black and gold box and the bronzer itself is in a frosted pot. You get 30g of product for £30 (or £24 in duty free) which I think is actually pretty good, compared to say a Mac cremeblend blush that is 5.6g for £17.50. 

The product smells fruity which I really like, however if you have more sensitive skin it may be worth trying it out before purchasing. The colour is a soft, light, matte brown which is ideal for sun kissed skin. I have found it is best applied to the areas where the sun would hit your face rather than as a contour but it also works well for that! It blends beautifully but I advise starting with a small amount of product and building up to a colour level you would like, I do this with a Real Techniques stippling brush as it works best when buffed. It leaves a soft satin finish on the skin which, other than the colour, in undetectable. It's perfect for Summer make-up, I'm loving it with my Vitalumiere Aqua foundation and my Something Special Mac cream blusher.

All in all, this is a beautiful matte bronzer, that blends well and is best suited to Summer skin. Let me know what you think of this product in the comments below.


Swatch: Un-blended and blended





5 comments:

  1. I need this in my life! It is beauuutiifulll x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm absolutely loving it, think it's my product of the summer! x

      Delete
  2. I really love this product. I use it as a base under my foundation as I'm quite pale. Hope you are having a nice holiday! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...